Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Breed of Resume

I made a post on le blogue du CM, check it out! So far it's doing really well but it kind of got steamrolled by Obama's State of the Union in the last hour...

Here I am, fresh out of school and, after a tiring search in post-recession adland, I’ve landed my dream job in Critical Mass’ exciting Calgary office. From creatives to project managers to developers, from augmented reality to iPad – this is where it all happens, and for some of the biggest names in the business. I was one of many students armed with only a degree and no experience to back it up, so how was I lucky enough to end up here?

I did what I was taught and used digital tools to make a new kind of resume, one that highlighted my marketing skillset instead of my restaurant know-how and proficiency with a cash register. This isn’t a top ten mash-up you’ll read on a thousand other blogs and it’s not a kooky MadMen-esque story from advertising’s infancy. It’s worthwhile advice that actually works; or, at least it did for this (former) student.


http://experiencematters.criticalmass.com/2011/01/25/a-new-breed-of-resume/

No comments:

Post a Comment