Monday, August 9, 2010

Transferring to Blogspot

I'm working on transferring The Extraordinary Marketing Blog to Blogspot (from Wordpress.com) for two fairly simple reasons:
  1. Flexibility. If you’re not self-hosted, Wordpress is really quite limiting (can’t touch the template). Blogspot has more options in this regard.
  2. Education. One of the initial reasons I chose to start a blog was to play with and become comfortable with social media. It just makes sense that I should experiment with other platform's.
This page should be up and running like a finely tuned machine by the end of the week (if not earlier). In the meantime, please be patient as I tinker around.

Lastly, if you’ve made this transfer before, let me know how it went in the comments. I’m looking into importing the old posts but it seems most people go the other way (because they move to self-hosting) so if you have a WordPress –> Blogger solution I’m dying to hear how you did it.
Otherwise I might simply start anew. The old posts will be stay over on Wordpress and I'll borrow ideas from the good ones on days when the creative muse remains silent.


I'm really excited for this move! I think it will be good for the blog and lead to better content. Just hold tight during the groundswells and gravitational shifts.

Things will be back to normal before you know it and soon this minor hiccup will be nothing more than a half remembered dream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment